kayak Isla Espiritu Santo, Baja california, mexico
Fabulous for the active family (minimum age 6)
- Pace: Active, 3-4 hours kayaking per day, hiking, camping.
- 9 days/ 8 nights
- Scheduled dates. 2021: Nov 27-Dec 5, Dec 4-12, 18-26*, Dec 26-Jan 3*, 2022: Jan 8-16**, 22-30**, Jan 29-Feb 6**, Feb 12-20**, 19-27**
- Price: from $1250 per person/double (*$1290, **$1350)
- Download detailed itinerary
Espiritu Santo is one of the planet’s iconic sea-kayaking destinations. The UNESCO site and Mexican National Park island provides unbeatable scenery and spectacular camping beaches. We recommend that it is placed at the top of everyone’s “bucket list”!! Join us for 7 days sea-kayaking around the island in state of the art expedition sea-kayaks. The rugged shoreline, off-shore islands and series of headlands and deep bays make each day a new adventure. The west coast of Espiritu is studded with some of the most spectacular white, sandy bays you can imagine while the east coast has enormous towering cliffs, bizarre rock formations and alluring sea caves.
After paddling approximately 3-4 hours each day we will have plenty of time to snorkel, swim with sea lion pups, hike intriguing volcanic arroyos, bathe in the glorious Baja sun, watch manta rays leap up out of the water, admire a school of dolphins, explore hidden inland lagoons, sip a margarita and relax in great company. Isla Espiritu Santo really is paddling in paradise.
The wildlife is amazing - Californian Sea-lions, tropical fish, endemic ring-tailed cat (Babisuri), whales (seasonal), dolphins, manta rays, Pelicans, Blue-footed Boobies, Ospreys, Frigates, Herons and Egrets.
- Accommodations: Camping plus 2 nights in a La Paz hotel.
- Included: Certified, bi-lingual naturalist guide(s) & cook(s). Singles and/or double kayaks, all kayaking gear, camping equipment, transportation from your La Paz hotel to the Island. All food and beverages during expedition including cold beer, happy hour and wine with evening meal.
- Not included: International air, Airport Transfers to/from La Paz.
- Bring: Sleeping bags, snorkel sets and wet suits. (also available for rent)