2024 birding oaxaca, Mexico
with Eric Antonio Martinez & Eric Stager
June 8-19, 2024
June 8-19, 2024
- Pace - Active, lots of early mornings
- 12 days / 11 nights
- Scheduled dates: 2024: June 8-19
- Price: $3500 per person in double with 10; $3900 with 8; $4300 with 6
- Single supplement: $750
- Download detailed itinerary
Birding Oaxaca is a great experience. Not only are there lots of birds in general, but there are also numerous regional specialties and endemics, many of which are quite beautiful like Slaty Vireo, Orange-breasted Bunting, and Red-breasted Chat. Add to that the striking scenery of the mountains and the Pacific coast, the outstanding cuisine, amazing archeological sites and world-renowned artisans, and this is a place you won’t forget!
Our trip will cover two major areas–the Valley of Oaxaca and the Pacific Coast–and their surrounding mountains. Based in Oaxaca for the first half of the tour, we’ll make day trips looking for birds among beautiful surroundings and ancient ruins. We’ll travel overland to Tehuantepec for a night and end up in the coastal town of Huatulco for the last few days. After days in the field, we’ll return to the hotel for checklist review and dinner.
The tour will be led by Eric Antonio Martínez of Mexico Birding Tours, which is based in Oaxaca, and our own Eric Stager. We think the Erics make a great team.
- Accommodations: Nice lodgings, all rooms have private bath with hot water shower.
- Included: 11 nights hotel with taxes, all meals, transportation by van and boat, entry fees to sites, bilingual local bird guide, escorted by JB Journeys' Eric Stager.
- Not included: Airfare, drinks at meals, gratuities to hotels and guides, comprehensive travel insurance.
- Bring: binoculars, field guide, appropriate field clothing, good walking shoes/boots. More on registration.