morocco - the women's journey
Oct 8-20, 2019
- Pace: Casual, a few long days of travel
- 13 days/ 12 nights
- Scheduled dates: 2019: Oct 8-20 - FULL
- Price: from $2,495 (based on 14)
- Download Revised Detailed Itinerary, as of Oct 2018
Moroccan culture is exciting, vibrant, and extremely hospitable. The country’s geographic location makes it multicultural, with a diverse population that blends Berber, Arab, Muslim, Jewish, African, and Andalusian into a great cultural mosaic.
Women in Morocco are making great social and economic strides. but this is still a male-dominated society. Our tour visits women and families in their homes and workplaces. A number of co-ops are being developed to help women learn skills, gain financial security, and keep artisan traditions alive. Morocco is also a Muslim country. This doesn’t mean you’ll need to be covered head to toe or that you will see women dressed so. Appropriate dress works just about anywhere in the country.
We’ll get to know the hospitable Moroccans through their culture, history, religion, language, and food. Join us on our women-only tour.
- Accommodations: Hotels or Riads, which are local guest houses. All have private bath and hot water.
- Included: Local transportation, 12 nights hotel with taxes, English speaking guide, meals listed, basic tips to driver and group meals
- Not Included: Airfare, meals not listed, gratuities to guides, drinks at meals, insurance, personal expenses
- Bring: Details on registration